CHAMBER What is the Chamber?
- The Chamber of Commerce is an association of business people concerned about improving the area in which they do business and the area in which they have made the greatest investment.
- Its strength lies in the number and diversity of its membership. Both large and small businesses, from virtually every profession, are represented and they all have equal influence in the Chamber. The members are the Chamber. The more members the Chamber has, the better it can represent its members.
- It accomplishes collectively what no one business could ever do alone.
- The York County Regional Chamber of Commerce is a private, nonprofit organization made up of nearly 1,000 member businesses in the Fort Mill, Rock Hill and Tega Cay areas of South Carolina.
- The Chamber of Commerce is the VOICE OF BUSINESS.
A Chamber of Commerce Is NOT...
- A department of the city, county, or state government
- A political body
- A civic club or professional society
- A social service
- A welfare or charitable institution
- A private advertising, publicity, or public relations agency